40th Annual Parkmont Poetry Festival
Saturday, April 30, 2022
Zion Baptist Church
4850 Blagden Avenue NW
Attendees must bring proof of COVID vaccination and wear a mask
Judges for 2022:
Final JudgeE. Ethelbert Miller
Rules & Details for Submitting Poems
- The competition is open to any student who attends a school in DC, whether the student resides in DC, Maryland or Virginia.
- Students may submit previously published poems and poems written a few years ago.
- Students may submit no more than 2 poems.
- Poems must be typed or handwritten using black ink.
- If mailing your submission, be sure to fill out the Poetry Entry Form and include it with your poem(s) so that we have your name, home phone, school, grade, and teacher’s name and contact information. Download the form here.
- Finalists are strongly encouraged to attend the reading ceremony, but they are not required to do so.
- The Poetry Festival Ceremony and Poetry Reading is open to the public.
- If you’d like to purchase extra copies of a Festival booklet, send your request using the “Questions? Contact Us” button below.
- $40 Gift Certificate.
- Festival T-shirt.
- Publication in the Parkmont Poetry Festival Winners booklet.
The 2021 Virtual Parkmont Poetry Festival
Our 39th annual festival was held on Saturday, May 1 as a Zoom webinar. Please enjoy this recording of the event. These wonderful young poets make the screen feel as intimate as the live room, and their poetry is vibrant and thrilling! The latest 2021 Winners will be added to the site in the coming weeks. In the meantime, winning poems can be read by downloading the 2021 booklet here.