Submit Your Poems
Students may submit a maximum of 2 poems. To submit use the online submission form below or download and fill out the Poetry Entry Form and include it with your poem(s) so that we have the your name, home phone, school, grade, and teacher’s name and contact information.
Mail poems to: Parkmont Poetry Festival, 4842 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011 or email your completed form and poems to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed poems should be a PDF, text file, or Word file.
Rules and Details for Submitting Poetry
- The competition is open to any student who attends a school in DC, whether the student resides in DC, Maryland or Virginia.
- Students may submit previously published poems and poems written a few years ago.
- Students may submit no more than 2 poems.
- Poems must be typed or handwritten using black ink.
- If mailing your submission, be sure to fill out the Poetry Entry Form and include it with your poem(s) so that we have your name, home phone, school, grade, and teacher’s name and contact information. Download the form here.
- Finalists are strongly encouraged to attend the reading ceremony, but they are not required to do so.
- The Poetry Festival Ceremony and Poetry Reading is open to the public.
- If you’d like to purchase extra copies of a Festival booklet, send your request using the “Questions? Contact Us” button below.